Trainee Assistant Brewer
The Trainee Assistant Brewer will report to the Production Director. The role calls for a proactive individual who is keen to learn the processes involved in the art of brewing high quality beers. Full training on site will be available to cover all aspects of the brewing process on an ongoing basis, there will be monthly assessments to review progress. The trainee will be responsible for assisting within all areas of production helping to ensure our beer is produced to the highest quality at all times. This work will cover a wide range of tasks including but not exclusively limited to brewing, fermentation, conditioning, packaging, cellaring and dispatch of products. You will provide beer-related tours and training as required to our customers and deliver exemplary standards of customer service.
This role will be based at the Harston Brewery, Cambridge.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the brewer on brew days with various aspects of the brewing process, Assist with packaging and cellaring work.
• Help arrange for all raw materials and supplies to be available to facilitate work
• Assist with dry hop processes, beer transfers and beer conditioning
• Assist and learn how to monitor fermentation, taking gravity and PH readings adjust temperature to ensure fermentation profiles are adhered to
• Help with the correct use, storage and stock management record keeping of raw materials utilising the brewery software management Breww
• Assist with yeast counts and cropping / yeast harvest transfers.
• Assist with the operation of the Hop infuser and filtration system
• Maintain accurate records and written procedures as per our SOP’s
• Ensure processes are safe and functional
• Assist the Production Director in ad-hoc projects where required
• Represent BrewBoard at promotions, tastings and special events
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
• General understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques
• Committed team player, used to working flexibly to achieve business goals and keen to make improvements
• Well-developed communication and people skills; must be comfortable presenting to large groups
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Ability to plan ahead, manage multiple tasks and solve problems
• Ability to meet customer defined deadlines
• Flexible approach to work and working hours – night and weekend work when required
• Demonstrate a passion for our brand!
• A salary and benefits package that is fair and competitive
• Opportunity for career growth and advancement within the organisation
• Support in your professional development in the industry
• Work alongside a talented and passionate team of brewers
• Gain valuable experience in a modern well equipped brewing facility
• Access to industry events, festivals, and training programs
• Employee allowance on our exceptional craft beers + non-alcohol options
• Company pension